Dancing 4 camera in the UK
22 July 2005
South East Dance - the UK's national dance agency with a specialism in dance for camera - launched its brand new Web site: www.southeastdance.org.uk.
Timed to coincide with Brighton's first ever curatorship of the major international dance film festival - Dance Screen 2005 - the new look site reflects South East Dance’s growing status as one of the world's leading players in the creation of dance film and video.
South East Dance's Director and Chief Executive, Mairead Turner, said: "We wanted a Web site that creatively expressed who we are and what we do; it has been a brilliant experience to see such a positive, clear, artistic reflection of ourselves that is easy for our users to navigate. It is the face lift we all dreamed of without the pain!"
Incorporating a bold new visual identity, the site focuses on South East Dance's key competencies, underlining its mission to create a vibrant dance culture across the region and beyond.
The site features:
- - Full details on South East Dance's award-winning range of dance film commissions, including online video streaming.
- - Details of professional dance film and video training courses for artists.
- - Information on a range of innovative and inspiring education and community dance initiatives.
- - An overview of South East Dance's screen dance programme from distribution and commissioning to its annual flagship event Dance 4 Camera.
- - News and opportunities across the region.
- - A comprehensive resource of dance and arts related links, organisations, funding bodies etc.
The site was designed, built and the project managed by Max Crisfield and Nigel Gordijk of the Opus Agency, Brighton's creative services agency exclusively for the arts (and, incidentally, Creative Latitudiners): www.opusagency.co.uk.